View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 12:36 PM   #8
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Thomas View Post
There was an article on the front page of the New York Times this week (Monday May 2) about how many of the "Biggest Loser" contestants have gained back their weight. The article basically says that dieting can cause your metabolism to change so that you burn fewer calories after dieting and hence gain weight even if you eat normally. It said that your body "fights" to return to its previous weight. Isn't that what we've been saying all along? Trying to force yourself to lose weight just doesn't work in the long run. So eat, be happy, and enjoy life!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/he...loss.html?_r=0
"His routine went like this: Wake up at 5 a.m. and run on a treadmill for 45 minutes. Have breakfast typically one egg and two egg whites, half a grapefruit and a piece of sprouted grain toast. Run on the treadmill for another 45 minutes. Rest for 40 minutes; bike ride nine miles to a gym. Work out for two and a half hours. Shower, ride home, eat lunch typically a grilled skinless chicken breast, a cup of broccoli and 10 spears of asparagus. Rest for an hour. Drive to the gym for another round of exercise."

I think I'd rather die of a heart attack. Seriously.