View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 04:12 AM   #13
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Some weird combos appeal to more than one person ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
ketchup on scrambled eggs
Ketchup on eggs seems to be a trend - mine is ketchup on poached eggs...

In the ketchup line - a weird favorite of mine I've only found in Belgium&NL and most people find odd to icky are Heinz Ketchup flavored potato chips (from Lay's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedal View Post
Chili powder on ice cold watermelon provides a delicious contrast.
Ice cold watermelon with feta cheese and pink pepper would be my variation to that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Liverwurst (I prefer fine over coarse for this application) and pickle (sour, Polish dill pickle such as Polski Ogorki by Bick's) on a buttered piece of very firm rye bread (the chewy kind you could almost use to drive nails)
That actually is a Central/Eastern European staple, down to the coarse hard rye bread. My grandma often made that as my school lunch sandwich - and imo especially US made Liverwurst needs the pickles because it has a weird creamy dryness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Grilled cheese sandwiches made with brie.
Love that one too! Great with cranberry or cowberry sauce.

A childhood favorite snack from the US that grew up with me and all my European friends consider beyond weird is peanut butter on celery sticks or apple slices.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote