View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #14
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
My hubby's natural point is 260 - he kind ballooned up pretty fast then his body ground to a halt, his body happy. He doesn't struggle to keep weight off, his body seems perfectly content to self manage at this point.

He starvation dieted before meeting me, and denied the health impacts for years. Recently he learned he has fatty liver (not dangerous in and of itself or affecting his health directly) but the doctor immediately turned a shrewed eye on him and told him "you went on a starvation diet at one point, didn't you?" And told him most fatty liver he encountered was caused by weight loss, not weight gain. The body doesn't react well to starvation, and stores fat anywhere and everywhere, including the liver and other organs to protect them. He said he was less worried about patient's weight than their lifestyle and food. Love this doctor so far!
...I know myself that starvation can cause organ problems like that but to have a doctor say that starvation diets can cause fatty liver disease really makes me realise I was right about what I've thought all along. I was told that I have a fatty liver because I'm overweight but honestly, before I went on a starvation diet I had no problems. And I was obese beforehand but I was so strong and robustly healthy before hand and my whole health has gone hugely downhill following that stupid starvation diet. Despite all the years that have passed since then, my body feels much weaker and more frail than before.

As for the original question, I would say my bodies set point is around 180lbs. I gain weight easily up to that point but the fact that in two weeks I've eaten 10 boxes of shortbread, 36 kitkats and 5 tubs of ice cream in addition to my normal food intake and barely gained any weight at all suggests my body just doesn't want to get any bigger. Which is fine by me; I eat when I am hungry and what I am hungry for, no matter what.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote