View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #22
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Some weird combos appeal to more than one person ...

Ketchup on eggs seems to be a trend - mine is ketchup on poached eggs...

In the ketchup line - a weird favorite of mine I've only found in Belgium&NL and most people find odd to icky are Heinz Ketchup flavored potato chips (from Lay's).

Ice cold watermelon with feta cheese and pink pepper would be my variation to that one...

That actually is a Central/Eastern European staple, down to the coarse hard rye bread. My grandma often made that as my school lunch sandwich - and imo especially US made Liverwurst needs the pickles because it has a weird creamy dryness.

Love that one too! Great with cranberry or cowberry sauce.

A childhood favorite snack from the US that grew up with me and all my European friends consider beyond weird is peanut butter on celery sticks or apple slices.
Ketchup flavour crisps have been available in the UK for over forty years, not Heinz though, just ketchup. I know because I love/d them!

Not sure where your European friends are from but again in the UK, peanut butter with celery sticks or apple slices is not unusual.

Also, another person posted about peanut butter being unusual in europe or something. My dad's favourite snack was to sit with a jar of Sun-Pat smooth peanut butter and eat it with a teaspoon. That would be from about 44 yrs ago! It's common here. I must admit though I couldnt resist paying an extortionate 5 for a jar of schmucker's grape jelly and peanut butter, because the stripes looked so good!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote