View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #62
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

How a gainer fishes for compliments: When you're feeling not-so-cute and needing a little validation (as we all do now and then), you start making lots of fat jokes about yourself hoping someone will take the bait and say, in essence, "Yeah, you are pretty chubby actually". Example when this worked: Someone was joking with me around my birthday about "birthday spankings", I said "you usually get one for every year plus an extra "to grow on", but I don't need to do any growing!" Their reply: "Yes, you're already well-rounded!" An unsuccessful attempt: I don't remember exactly what I said but the response I got (from a wee skinny lass) was "You're not a big person", though I was duly pleased when another person at the same picnic registered mild shock upon my casually mentioning my having gained almost 60 pounds over the past decade. An ambiguous example: A man was preparing to lift me out of my wheelchair and when I asked if he was sure he could he said "I'm old but I'm not THAT old" then once he had lifted me I said "And I'm fat but not THAT fat", he looked a bit taken aback for a second then said "I wasn't going to say anything like that". I think some ppl find it shocking when you are self-aware and open about your weight, like they expect all fat ppl to be either in denial or ashamed. Bonuses: Someone was telling me about a dream they had involving them and myself, it was long and complicated and weird (as dreams are wont to be), and I don't remember the details of it, except that pastries were involved at one point and as the person was telling me about the dream they said "Naturally YOU would be in a dream that had food in it!" I also got a birthday card with a cupcake on the front and inside they wrote "I thought you would like this card since you love sweets. " My sweet tooth is rather infamous.

Last edited by squeezablysoft; 05-18-2016 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
squeezablysoft is offline   Reply With Quote