View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was always a hungry kid – probably why I was over thirty pounds at my one year old check-up. My parents did a pretty good job of getting me to eat fairly reasonably, with a mix of how much they gave me and constant coaching on what we’d now call EQ – delaying snacks, having just a small snack, etc. I’ve sometimes summarized the main message I got growing up as “You can have as many cookies as you want; but you should only want one.” (and wanting approval, I’d just have one, even though I so desperately wanted more)

Sometimes I wonder if my path to FA-ness was simply seeking someone who would only go with the first part of that sentence “You can have as many cookies as you want.” By this line of reasoning, I thought that the only people who would value being fat and indulging a large appetite were others who were fat and indulged a large appetite, so clearly I should look for another fat person. Supporting evidence for this line of reasoning was that my first pseudo-sexual fantasies were about myself, the chubby neighbor boy, and the two heaviest girls in my grade six class having a sort of weight gain club, and I’d map out how over the years we’d learn to gain faster and faster, and when we finished high-school the fattest boy would get to date the fattest girl (my romantic/sexual imagination was not well developed back then … and may have been mostly inspired by Archie comics).

I’m not at all sure that this is why I like what I like, but it would make a nice convenient explanation. (I’m usually suspicious of simple explanations for any human behavior/preferences, which is why I’m not convinced).