View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #21
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I definitely agree to a great extent. It's a lot easier to get online and behind the protection of anonymity "come out" as a chubby chaser. It's another thing entirely to follow through in the public arena. I know when I first starting dating fat women I was very nervous about who would see me. Even in places I felt reasonably certain I'd not bump into anyone I knew, I was nervous about what others would think. It wasn't like one day I decided, "I know what kind of women I REALLY like so that's what I'm actually going to pursue and public perception be damned!" Not even close. It was a process and little by little I reached a point where I was comfortable being seen in public with my fat partners.

I honestly see it all. I am a people watcher and notice things about others, couples included. You literally see it all if you are looking. It's a good observation about women and weight gain after childbirth though. I know a lot of guys struggle with this. There is a group of BBWs who work in the building I work in, and I get along well with a couple of them well enough to have had some personal conversations. At one point I shared with one my preferences and she told her friends. About a week later one of them approached me and poured out her heart about how luck my wife was and how badly she wished her husband wouldn't constantly hint his displeasure with her weight. Especially (she said) since she wasn't really skinny to begin with.
I like to think the posts on Dims are honest. Including about being out. I definitely agree. In high school, I buried my FAs feelings. I dated athletic girls because I was supposed to. I was constantly wishing I was dating BBWs. I was bullied as a kid, so I hated standing out in high school. But once I graduated, I wasn't around people I disliked anymore. I went to college and played guitar/sang in band, dressed like a rocker. I felt I stood out like a sore thumb anyways. As I was focusing on what I wanted, which included dating beautiful women(BBWs). So when I came out, it was only with my newer friends who where not as judgemental as people from my smaller home town. For me it was a boiling point where I felt I needed to get out. I can't pinpoint an exact day. I have a few times gotten on looks from people, but is rather rare especially as I have gotten older.

In high school I would try to predict which girls would eventually become BBWs. I was often correct. Now I wonder who would gain weight after childbirth birth. Not that weight gain is my thing but I noticed a lot more women with kids are BBWs, and I want kids. the dating pool seems a little larger if I include the plus-size women into the BBW category.

I always feel that people should not expect change from a person on a relationship. Doesn't matter if it's looks, weight or personality. You are with the wrong person and it's unfair to pressure someone to change.