View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #33
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree with a lot of what has been posted here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBarbieDoll View Post
Are fit men just a lot more hesitant to admit their attraction to fat women and actually openly date them? I don't believe there are that many fit dudes who are attracted to big ladies and date them in public but maybe that's because of what I mentioned above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBarbieDoll View Post

Thin guys, though? It may be easier with them. Still, I wonder
I have a conventionally attractive, super fit step-brother, and my god can he rarely go even one conversation without the talk veering towards what he is doing exercise-wise, foods he is eating, what you "shouldn't" eat, etc.

I highly doubt he's a secret lover of fatties but it's sure an interesting concept.

I would say fit men are slightly more hesitant about coming out. It crossed my mind a bit, but I was more focused on the crappy clicky people I knew in high school. But when you don’t want to come out anything is a good reason not to: I got a paper cut today, it’s raining so I am not coming out… “date them in public” doesn’t sound like a date when it’s not able to be in public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
What drives a guy to hit the gym every day and achieve really high levels of fitness? For some it may be purely personal satisfaction. But for many it will be in some part either the general approval it gets (which can also turn into concrete advantages in life), or for impressing women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post

If someone is really set on external approval, they are likely going to also want to aim for the highest status mate they can find. Granted that some people will want that approval in some areas, but not care in other areas.

If someone is working that hard to impress women, presumably he is seeking women who are in high demand, where he figures he needs to stand out as something exceptional to impress them. Sadly, in our society, that mostly means women who fit a certain physical image.

Throw in opportunity (if you spend a lot of time at the gym or doing sports, you are apt to meet women who do the same), and common interests, and it also makes it easier, in many cases, for them to meet women with similar priorities.

I'm positive that there are guys who work out a lot and are in awesome shape, who are into fat women, and that there are such guys who openly date, marry, etc fat women. I just suspect that it would be below the average rate of society as a whole.

I have been in some sort of exercise or sport basically my whole life. I like to joke and tell people the line from American Beauty, “I want to look good naked!”To me it really comes down to, I don’t feel right if I go a few days without exercising.The runners high is real, but you really have to be physically fit to get to it. I feel amazing after weightlifting.It is a huge plus that it helps me look a way that society views favorably upon. In my teens I dated athletic girls, that I was “supposed to” and was surrounded by.A small percent of the population is athletic, a much smaller percent of the population is both athletic and a FA/FFA.
happily_married, I agree with you.
I come from and currently live in a city of 20,000 people. Though I do know other FAs, none of them are athletic (of the confirmed FAs). “treat fitness like a religion” Do you know anyone who goes to Crossfit? I do believe HIIT works, but I want to vomit when I listen go members go on about the greatness of Crossfit.
I had knee problems when playing football in high school and had to stop, but can distance run no problem. Trail running is hard on the body, though the view is much better.When deadlifting I have to keep my feet angled at least 15 degrees or I have issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
This is an all too common phenomenon. Health clubs and gyms from coast to coast are staffed by people whose primary qualification is that they look good in shorts and tee shirt.

Of the gyms I have been to, you are correct. I have heard so much bad advice from “trainers.” But they are good looking, right? Weight and thinness is really only one measure of health.