Thread: XL or XXL?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 07:34 AM   #18
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

take a belt, now buckle it around the middle of a volleyball, then dribble it for a while, and see if the belt stays in place.

For fat guys the narrowest point, i.e. where you can get pants to stay in place, is, from my experience and observations, just above the butt in back and down under the belly in front (even with that 'droop' it is still a shorter path around than any other placement)

For me I can have the trousers just above the butt then buckle it into the fat on the lower slope of my stomach enough that they'll mostly stay in place, but I have to tighten my belt a notch or two for any serious walking (then loosen it off when I go to sit if I don't want to cause myself pain), but that only works for me because while I have a firm ball belly in the upper part, there is softer fat on the lower belly, enough to tighten the belt in to the point that it will stay.

That point is still lower than the traditional trousers point, but up that high won't stay in place at all, it is essentially a little below the equator of the 'ball' part of my belly, so will slip down every time.

Women generally have more hips, bringing their narrowest point higher up their body, although I'm sure that there are some who have this same issue if they are all belly, narrow hipped, and have more of a firm ball belly -- but I think that combo is relatively rare on women.