View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #35
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
What drives a guy to hit the gym every day and achieve really high levels of fitness? For some it may be purely personal satisfaction. But for many it will be in some part either the general approval it gets (which can also turn into concrete advantages in life), or for impressing women.

When I was 18 I really really wanted to be thin. I spent most of my second semester of college in the weightroom (with predictable effect upon my GPA). I managed to get down to 185 lbs and into size 32 jeans (I was 6'3" at the time). For the first time in my life women paid attention to me in a good way. Unfortunately I've never been able to maintain the effort it takes to keep my body thin. Some people may be able to go to school, advance their career, and raise a family and still be able to put in enough time at the gym to remain thin. I was never able to do it (at least not for extended periods of time).
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote