View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 AM   #39
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I tend to think that we call someone shallow when they overlook our qualities, because they value other qualities more. After all, even looks do have real value – in how people are treated in life but also as a proxy for overall health (granted that modern life, with medicine, cosmetics, cheap nutrition, fashion and cosmetic surgery blur the ‘smooth skin and high degree of facial symmetry must mean strong immune system and good genetics’ but at some fundamental level our brains do work that way, from what I understand).

I mean, I’m pretty sure you could make at least a reasonable argument that for a woman with a good career, a good looking partner might be what brings the most value to their children, provided he meets some reasonable levels in other areas (I’m not claiming that it would be a winning argument in a debate, but I think it is at least a defensible position)

Is it more or less shallow to value a face (or butt, whatever) that pleases you over how wealthy the person is? Is it more shallow if they make you feel turned on or if they make you laugh? What about if they share your sexual kink versus your politics/religion/philosophy?