View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #40
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
I have a question for you.. Do you think that maybe it had something to do with you maybe being more confident and maybe more assertive when you are thinner because you perceived yourself to be more conventionally attractive and therefore commanded more positive attention?

Also........

I think it is a pretty even playing field now when it comes to shallow people. Things were ok and permissible when it is only men looking for "trophy" wives. Now that some women are doing the same thing, it becomes "women are more shallow than men"

I say what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Men just don't like being subjected to the kind of treatment they as a whole have exerted over women. Now that the tables are being turned, they don't like it.
Solid. I certainly am not accusing BigMac of the latter two paragraphs but there are a lot of guys out there who are. Pretty much any guy who has subscribed to the "manosphere" or "MGTOW" or called another man a "mangina" (or attempted to revoke another's "man card") can be described by these two paragraphs. Bitter and angry that the tables have turned on them, lashing out at any and all women and any man who values women and places them in high regard.

Personally I maintain men are far more shallow and/or motivated by appearance than are women. I don't mean to undermine or dismiss another person's experiences and I don't consider my observations universally right. However as a long time pursuer of overweight women one thing I've repeatedly encountered is surprise that a fit guy would want to be with a fat woman. Having been in groups with some BHM over the years, I've encountered a lot of them who are shocked/offended that a woman would turn him down due to not being attracted to him. The underlying message I've had reinforced over the years is fat women do not expect fit/reasonably good looking men to be interested in them and men, regardless of body type to expect women to be interested in them. Certainly there are exceptions, but the trend has been pretty reliable over the years.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote