View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 05:37 AM   #54
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Women initiate over 70% of divorces today and are far more likely to express marital dissatisfaction. Quality of intimate relations is often an issue once a woman no longer finds her mate attractive (guys are more forgiving -- the old adage that guys will fuck anything can actually work to keep marriages together).
That may be true once a guy is already in a relationship. It certainly is not universal though: I know more than a few women who have been dumped over weight gain resulting. That women initiate more divorces doesn't even remotely support your argument: you have to take a sample and discern cause from effect. Due to the positive vs normative nature of your statements I suspected you were either ready to support your argument with such analysis or more likely, ultimately just relying on anecdotal evidence and a couple broad-brush statistics.

But for the sake of discussion, let's say men are less likely to leave a relationship after a woman puts on some weight. Let's say they want to but they don't do it. That is a bold assumption, but let's make it for the sake of the conversation. It still does not speak to initial attraction. And when it comes to getting one's foot in the door, I think society is still a lot more draconian toward overweight women than overweight men. That women who have a BHM for a partner do not get the same castigation as men who have a fat woman for a partner seems to support this. I've seen a lot out there to suggest any man who wants to date a fat woman must be himself undesirable in some way shape or form. I don't see the same degree of this logic applied to women who like bigger men. It's still just personal observation, but it's reinforced by a lot of people both here on Dims (and other similar forums) as well as many places in every day life. Friends, coworkers, relatives, etc. When it comes to initial attraction, fat women seem to have it much harder than fat men.

Quote:
Actually women cheat just as much as men: about 20 percent of both men and women copped to having cheated on their current partners.

http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/female-infidelity

And lack of sexual satisfaction is a major reason women consider their marriages crappy. This of course is often related to a woman no longer finding her partner sexy.
What these "skin deep" stats don't show you is cause and effect. Why do women consider their marriages crappy? You attempt to answer that with the bolded statement but so far in this discussion that seems to be a matter of your personal bias and interpretation.

Quote:
The trope of guys trading in their wives for a newer model is not as common as many think and is generally limited to very rich men with conservative attitudes (often with weird orange hair).
Again, I challenge you to support with data, retract your statements (or at a minimum walk back to a degree that you recognize your position is not universally right), or be dismissed as one with an ax to grind, especially now that you've introduced your political biases into the discussion.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote