View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 09:56 PM   #11
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is a late-ish response, but it reminds me of a conversation that a friend and I had recently, wherein we discussed the strangeness of the fact that we're totally accepting of other women wearing things we would *never* feel comfortable in - even if their bodies are similar, they're showing visible belly line, or some other thing that we can't deal with doing ourselves. I can look at another woman and say, "That looks good! She's pretty! I wish I could wear that!" or whatever, but I simply cannot do the same thing with myself. It's totally possible that I would say this about me, if I had no idea that I was looking at myself.

I think it's absolutely just a case of us being our own worst critics. I'm the same with pretty much anything - singing, writing, whatever; our standards for ourselves are usually significantly higher (or just plain unreasonable) than those we impose upon others.