View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #12
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seavixen View Post
This is a late-ish response, but it reminds me of a conversation that a friend and I had recently, wherein we discussed the strangeness of the fact that we're totally accepting of other women wearing things we would *never* feel comfortable in - even if their bodies are similar, they're showing visible belly line, or some other thing that we can't deal with doing ourselves. I can look at another woman and say, "That looks good! She's pretty! I wish I could wear that!" or whatever, but I simply cannot do the same thing with myself. It's totally possible that I would say this about me, if I had no idea that I was looking at myself.

I think it's absolutely just a case of us being our own worst critics. I'm the same with pretty much anything - singing, writing, whatever; our standards for ourselves are usually significantly higher (or just plain unreasonable) than those we impose upon others.
Something like this happened just yesterday. A woman of similar dimensions to my wife was wearing short shorts, not quite Daisy Duke shorts, but not much longer. She looked killer good and even my wife said so. I asked her if she wanted to go get some shorts like that and she said, "Oh, no. There's no way in hell I'd wear that." And that's literally RIGHT AFTER she said the other woman looked good!

And I agree, we're our own worst critics. I suppose it's amplified for a BBW because in an era where we are accepting of just about everything now, overweight women are still very much social and cultural outcasts. And they know it.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote