View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
Have any of y'all told anybody irl that you want to gain? Friends, family, lovers? How did you explain it and how did they react?

No

Quote:
Have you ever been open with a health care provider about wanting to gain or at least being happy being heavy and not wanting to lose?
I did inform my nurse practitioner something of the sort. I forget just what I said (it was some years ago), but it was to the effect of "I really don't have the warm-fuzzy feelings about thinness that most people have -- being thinner might have practical benefits but it will never be a moral 'thin is better' feeling for me. I'm willing to talk about my weight and associated health issues, on a practical level -- but I'd like to minimize 'you should lose weight' discussions."

She took that fairly well, and has generally cooperated with me on that. it probably helps that I have an overall reasonably healthy lifestyle and am aware of my health risks.