View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Well....the main reasons I have not gone over my boss's head is a. some other people have told me they wanted to go over his head regarding said co-worker, but was afraid there would be retaliation, and b. co-worker does act as though he has mental issues.

Some days he acts relatively normal. Other days he asks odd questions, like today, he asked how to dial a phone number and the only thing wrong with it was the spacing -- the person was from India and used just slightly different spacing than American people use in their phone numbers. I told him if he was really that confused to go to a phone room and use one of the real phones. (We have software phones on our computers. He has been here over 2 years, so he should know how to use them by now.)

Most of the questions he asks me are of the variety that a. anyone with a legit college degree should be able to figure them out without help and b. he acts like he just wants the answers all handed to him. I try and make him figure them out on his own because how will he learn if I tell him everything?

The looking at me over the cubicle did stop, I am not 100% sure if the following has stopped but it is a small building that we moved to, and I am also not sure how much of his behavior can be attributed to a possible mental illness and/or disability, rather than specific intent to harass me. But I also can't trust him because of his mental problems. He is also a minority, so chances are me going to HR will not result in anything without cold hard proof. Otherwise it is he said, she said.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote