View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #19
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Something I managed to put into words recently, related to this -- I enjoy the physical resistance that fat gives.

I was always the one kid on the cross-country running team who liked hill training more than flat-ground running, and being heavier gives a bit of that same sort of feel -- if I'm going up stairs at a reasonable rate or biking up a hill at a half-decent pace, it is because I'm putting out quite a bit of power. Heck, even walking briskly takes noticeable effort, something I have to put a bit of focus into or else I naturally slow down to something that doesn't demand as quick an energy burn.

Honestly I'd love to see what it was like to get back into running at this size, but I have a knee which is not shy about telling me that this is a bad idea)

And in a different way, that there are certain positions where fat just gets in the way, in a mechanical sense of things. The feel of that, figuring out how to work around that -- I just enjoy it.