View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 01:21 AM   #11
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dimensions Streaming Chat (and prior to that, the HTML chat rooms, and prior to HTML, the Dimensions Beseen chat rooms) and Dimensions Forums (and the prior Dimensions Boards, and the earlier BB-something? boards) were like entirely completely different entities. Two different beasts or creatures with some crossover participants/participation. Each served a purpose, though the purpose varied from person to person, as like the current forums do. I think chat was more like going to a fun place where you could kick back and have some fun, perhaps like a bar where you would meet up with friends, but may also experience some unwanted attention from anonymous horndogs. The boards and now the forums are a little more on the serious side because your words or expressed thoughts and ideas remain and don't vanish after a few minutes. I think the Lounge now provides a place for fun and games (though I do miss a certain someone's rendition of Pour Some Sugar On Me! from time to time!)

Kind of like life in general. Needs change. People mature. Some move on or move away. You realise some people are not who you thought they were or who they professed to be. Some friends become lifelong friends and you find other ways (maybe ? more modern ways) to keep in contact. You learn to adapt with the times and with whatever avenues are available. You learn to appreciate the bonds that remain, and realise that you can't turn back time. You learn to live life as it presents its self.

Thankful that I was around during the heydays of both Chat and the Boards/Forums.

bigbeautifulangel
BBAngel
SSBBAngel
and now just angel
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote