Thread: We're fucked
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 07:23 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Well I am very skeptical as to what we wind up with and who knows what Trump will show up. Of course the danger is in the type of appointments that are made...
That is my feelings ^^^^^ I doubt Trump truly cares about these issues (which I grant you, is already a bad thing). But he is going to be leaning heavily on others for policy, I suspect, and I worry about who he will appoint.

I'm not clear, though, how much of these matters in the US are up to the individual states, and how much influence the federal government has? (although Trump stacking the supreme court with conservatives could hurt states abilities to keep certain laws in place, in the long run, I'd imagine?).

Anyone got a pointer to a primer for non-Americans on just what he can do?

Although his campaign and victory seems to have given swagger to the bullies and trolls, which I admit is a problem even if not a single law changes.