Thread: My path here
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #3
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default accepting your size

I found your story interesting, and I too feel that dieting is an exercise destined to fail. I have yo-yo dieted over the last two decades plus, sometimes serious at losing, sometimes accepting gaining. I'm 5' 7". I started off in 1995 around 190, have gotten as low as 178, am currently 241, near my recent high of 250. i seriously try to eliminate many foods during lent, (3/1 to 4/15) including no alcohol. I expect to be down to 220 by Easter. I realize that the yo-yo dieting has health risks, but if I did not do it I expect I would settle in at a higher weight than I feel comfortable with.
I accept my size, and enjoy how it feels and looks. I tire of family members that feel it is their duty to shame me into becoming a diminutive size I would have no interest in. I am glad that you too are have accepted and even appreciate your size. We are who we are. We are not someone else.
Good luck on your journey and welcome here.