Thread: My path here
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 01:50 AM   #4
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow Leem, thank you so much for sharing your story/experiences here. This parallels so many things in my own life, it's actually kinda shocking to me.

As for people who wont accept your new viewpoint in life... well, I don't think there are any simple, easily solutions to it, though I'm sure you know that. One thing you could do is make it clear to them that your weight is something personal to you and not up for debate etc. Let them know that you can agree to disagree on this topic and agree not to bring it up with each other again.

Although my story is a little different to yours, I remember how much my mother would harass me when I first started really getting fat. This eventually led to me snapping and reminding her how mentally and physically ill I was at my thinnest, how I was suicidal and constantly in physical pain. And that what she was saying was essentially "Why can't you be more like that again?". That has actually permanently shut her up on the topic, much to my surprise.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote