View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #23
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The initial story struck me but then tallfatsue's post really struck home the more I thought about it. My niece struggles with her weight as does her mother. Her mom has had a really hard time dealing with her weight and has allowed her weight to turn her into a bit of a recluse and it has also affected her job, friendships and romantic relationships.

One of the things that she recently sent me was a note saying what an important role I had played in encouraging her to graduate from college as well as starting her career and excelling. That it had meant a lot to her to see me graduate and be successful in my field, watching a ssbbw succeed made her feel that she could as well and she didn't have to feel imprisoned by her weight.

I had never really stopped to think about what it might mean to a young girl who struggled with her weight to see someone like her be successful. Whereas I view my life as normal and not particularly noteworthy, I was unwittingly showing her how to live a fulfilling and happy life as a fat person.

She of course is amazing and has worked so hard and is a role model to her other cousins, it just goes to show many of us are role models just going about our lives and we are probably unaware of the affect we have on others.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote