View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 03:39 PM   #65
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
It reads like you are veering back and forth a bit between thinking 'this is how it must be' and 'this is how it has always been for me, and I don't see it changing.' That second one is totally valid as a feeling (although I think you may not give yourself enough credit on being able to change, even people who feel very unchangeable tend to change over time from an outsider's perspective), but as HappilyMarried demonstrated, it is far from a universal rule that there are only those two outcomes.
Maybe you're right. Maybe there are other possible outcomes. But I can't change what feelings I have; only what feelings I express. Even then, there are times when I feel so strongly, that I'm afraid I'll explode if I don't express it... which is why I'm here.

Quote:
Aside from what HM narrated (and that regain is obviously a pretty common occurrence), there have been quite a few examples on these boards over the years of women who have dieted hard to get much thinner than they were, then realized how the effort to be thin was just all consuming, that the only way they could be thin was by almost torturing themselves -- and then resolved to come to terms with their body.
I guess I just haven't been reading the right testimonies over the course of my life.

Quote:
Are those the majority of cases? I don't think so. But have seen examples of all of those here over the years.
I've only just joined the board, so the only examples I've seen have come from my own life. Am I being too negative based on incomplete information? Maybe.

Quote:
Basically I think things are not as black and white as you have perceived them to be. Now, if you are more comfortable with the black and white, and dealing with life on those terms makes things better for you, I'll back off. But if you want try and see things in a way that opens up more options, I'm willing to keep talking on the topic.
I can only make the best judgments I can, based on where the evidence points, to arrive at the most reasonable conclusions. My experiences have taught me to expect just what I said.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote