View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 05:53 AM   #70
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There are certainly many people in relationships that are not great, in any number of ways and sometimes a change in another part of can lead people to decide to make a change there too. And some people are very status driven and feel they should have the highest status partner they can. And more ... not everyone who loses weight would ditch their partner, but there are lots of possible reasons that one would.

ETA: Back in pre Web days I scoured the public library for anything fat related, which led me to reading "Fat is a Feminist Issue". It had no mention of FA, but said that some husbands would want their wives to be fat to reduce the chance that other men would try to win her affections. As an FA I found that offensive, but presuming that it is true in some cases, if fat was being used as a control mechanism that would surely fall into the " not great relationship" category and I could totally imagine someone leaving after losing the weight.