View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 AM   #18
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
You said that just cause I mentioned it didn't you? I can't say that I gain easily, it comes in spurts and usually during the holidays and winter months for the reasons I stated earlier, or of course if I try to lol! I haven't tried to lose weight in a long time and when I have, it's been for reasons beyond my control. Either way, the season definitely has an impact on me
yes, that is why I quoted you!

Ever driven a car with automatic transmission that isn't tuned quite right, so that as soon as you take your foot off the brake it starts moving quite quickly? That is my body with weight gain. More than once when life has gotten busy and had a lot of changes (so that I couldn't rely on habits and wasn't paying a lot of attention) I've gained ten pounds in not much over a month, and not from doing anything dramatic, just eating closer to what I craved. So I have my foot on the brake pretty much at all times, so barring those topsy-turvy occasions just mentioned gaining for me is largely a conscious decision to stop fighting it so hard. I would assume that a lot of people are in a somewhat similar situation, but I don't know for sure.