View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #21
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
yes, that is why I quoted you!

Ever driven a car with automatic transmission that isn't tuned quite right, so that as soon as you take your foot off the brake it starts moving quite quickly? That is my body with weight gain. More than once when life has gotten busy and had a lot of changes (so that I couldn't rely on habits and wasn't paying a lot of attention) I've gained ten pounds in not much over a month, and not from doing anything dramatic, just eating closer to what I craved. So I have my foot on the brake pretty much at all times, so barring those topsy-turvy occasions just mentioned gaining for me is largely a conscious decision to stop fighting it so hard. I would assume that a lot of people are in a somewhat similar situation, but I don't know for sure.

Great analogy