View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #49
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Winter is a little odd. On the one hand, I'm more likely to exercise (indoors) in winter because I don't get as sweaty due to the cold, and also exercising is a great way to warm up when you're cold. On the other hand, "winter gluttony" seems to happen even when you're trying to watch yourself. In the mix, I've put on about 7 pounds this winter, but my waistline hasn't really changed, so I think some (or all, if I'm lucky) of it may actually be muscle, since I wasn't exercising much at all this past year, but started being somewhat regular again this winter...

In the past, I've managed to keep my weight stable or actually lose during the winter through exercise and careful eating. A little over 3 years ago I started a 30-pound loss effort literally on Halloween and stayed consistent through the winter. Easter was actually my speed bump in that, when the family all dumped their chocolate bunnies on me and I literally ate an extra 900 calories a day for a week = P No gain, but no loss either.

Either way, I have a new highest weight of 218 pounds, but I'm in markedly better shape than I was when I hit 215 3 years back and decided enough was enough = P