Thread: FFA question
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #17
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

One component we haven't addressed here - and I think it plays a huge role in self-perception and self-identification and thus also in how one responds to others - is when in life (and how) someone got fat.

The issue of over-coming social conditioning djudex wrote about - in my experience that only applies to men and women who grew up fat respectively were fat during formative years.
It's the endless taunting in school, by parents and doctors, peers that leaves the emotional insecurities and impaired feelings of self-worth.
That amount of psychological harm can no longer be inflicted on a (more or less) mature adult with an at least somewhat consolidated self-image.

I have yet to meet someone IRL who has any serious hang-ups or issues about getting fat later in life; as adults or middle-age spread.
(Only exception, female floozies who self-identified exclusively over their good looks).

The two best looking jocks in my graduation class now both sport >50" guts - and are absolutely cool about it. Did things like eating leftovers -contests at our high school reunion. One of my closest friends, the cutesy size 6 blonde in grad school, now has the same dress size I do - and is unbothered about that, still sees herself as the attractive blonde.

Has anybody else made similar observations - also in the context of rabbit-il's original question when actually addressing the issue?
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote