Thread: FFA question
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #21
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSensible View Post
That's a really good and interesting point, agouderia. Funny enough, as introspective as I tend to be on this subject, I've never really thought about the differences between my perceptions on being fat and those who became fat later in life. I've known several people who became fat post-childhood and, just like you observed, they have nowhere near the amount of hang ups about it that I do -- heck, my dad is a perfect example of this. He could walk around a crowded shopping mall in his whities and no shits would be given, heh. I think I forget sometimes just how crucial those formative years are on influencing who we become. Being harassed more or less on a daily basis, while you're trying to grow into yourself, takes its toll, to say the least. I still carry some of that shit around.

Yes -- I totally agree.

I was actually fatter as a kid than I am now as an adult. That's likely coloring my perception.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote