View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 05:24 AM   #353
TwoSwords

TwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 clubTwoSwords is a member of the 500 club

I've always thought that there was a significant difference between feederism and gainerism, that not all people who enjoy eating/feeding others do so from a desire for them to gain weight (indeed, most of the people in the world who enjoy feeding others don't have this as their motive at all.) There's nothing wrong with handing someone a sandwich if they're hungry, and the nothing wrong with being happy that they then enjoy the sandwich, and benefit from it. In reality, I think very few feeders or feedees actively pursue immobility. There's other, safer, more-temporary ways to experience the kinds of feelings often associated with that.

I've been reading through the first page, though, and I do have to every time someone brings up "mental issues" as an explanation for aberrant behavior or unusual desires; especially being a researcher as both a hobby and a job. This isn't the 1500s anymore, and we have names and thorough descriptions of just about every type of actual, mental illness there is. Each one has distinct symptoms and can be diagnosed by recognizing those symptoms. It's how psychologists are able to recognize a real case of Stockholm Syndrome, as opposed to someone who learned to like a formerly-abusive person when they changed their ways. What kind of mental illness do we think a specific person has, and what symptoms do they show, which would indicate that?

I just think a lot of people use words synonymous with "crazy" to avoid studying the issues more closely.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote