View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #13
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by op user View Post
I don't want to derail the thread so I keep your advice in my mind hm.

Just a question for the BBW and those close to them: which is the best way to comfort a large lady after such an incident? Downplay the event, offer her a hug some sweet, say the chair was old and needed a replacement?

Also a bed generally does not collapse like a chair so it might not be as obvious. And yes the financial burden can be severe in some cases.

Warrior, your input?
Haha, it's not really advice so much as my own personal opinion on the subject! Real to me, likely irrelevant to countless others! But if it helps you or gives you a new angle to muse about then that's great!

Regarding how to comfort...this is tricky. I suppose it ultimately depends on the individual. I know some women who can laugh off an astonishing amount of stuff. My wife is not one of those women. Even after 11 years being married if she suffers any type of weight related embarrassment I really don't know how to comfort her. Thankfully there's never been any broken chairs or anything like that. Hopefully we keep it that way.

I definitely love my wife at her current weight. If she asked me she wouldn't lose another pound. Still I don't find anything involving potential humiliation for her to be the least bit appealing.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote