View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Maybe the girl you are dating isn't happy being fat did you ever think about that?
Well, I don't see how this is going to be overcome if the topic isn't broached or broachable.

Quote:
Its OK to prefer fat women but women like to know you like them for who they are not just their size.
A person is a rational animal, consisting of a union between soul and body. This excessive fixation on the purely non-physical half of ourselves doesn't feel a bit one-sided to you?

Quote:
Here is an example say you had a huge wart on your nose that you hated but a girl you were dating loved your wart and that was all she talked about.
You would get tired of it pretty quickly I'm sure and you would feel like she just loves you for your huge wart and not for who you are. Get it?
No. I don't get it. In that case, I could either learn to like more things about myself, or just have an honest talk with her, and if I can't live with the wart thing, I could just tell her that. It seems like the whole problem could be handled quite effectively and quickly, so long as both people were willing to work at it.

Plus, with the wart thing, you can always have it removed if you don't like it.

Also, I think there may be a hint of "false alternatives" to this last reply. Just because I can't live my life without expressing these extremely-strong emotions, doesn't mean I never talk about anything else. A good 90+% of the things I talk about are unrelated to that, though none of them are mundane.