View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #36
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
In my opinion, a lot of people have given you very good advice.
I think some people are. I know I really appreciated the advice I got from you.

Quote:
I don't want you to take what I am saying/asking as an insult. Could you give us more examples of your goals? Or experiences?
My goals are simple. I'm interested in a friendship/relationship, where I can safely and fully share my feelings about beauty, and be appreciated, validated... even just tolerated in that. That's why I asked the initial question about how anyone can be expected to enter into a relationship, if they're not permitted to express themselves.

Quote:
The woman you met at your first real job... unfortunately not everyone is interested. It is a healthy idea, that once you realize that someone is not interested in advances from you (especially a coworker who you will see daily at work), to walk away from the idea of her.
Idea, yes, but I still remember the lessons I learned from the experience, and I've had two other, similar experiences since then, which lasted a much shorter period of time. In each case, the woman was (by my estimation) pretty, and in each case, I got those strange looks from them whenever I paid attention to them directly. Neither one expressed any interest in talking to me when I addressed them directly, though, so I just let them be. I've had other experiences of casually interacting with other pretty people in my current job, but all of them are married already, so the only real function of these interactions has been to give me a chance to practice friendly discussion. Still, even after years, it's no easy task, and I have difficulty spending more than a few minutes talking to either one, while maintaining composure. In fact, I eventually had to gain some weight myself, just so that I could distract myself, during a period when I had to work with one of them on a frequent basis. Most of my other interactions were in my school days, when I hadn't really worked up enough courage to face my feelings, much less a girl.

I did, however, have one experience in High School, where I was so afraid to even sit next to one person (for various reasons,) that I realized what a problem it was to be too cowardly in this area. I committed, worked at it, and I've never had that problem since, and in a way, it indirectly lead to perhaps the most memorable experience/s of my life.

Quote:
You made it sound like you were trying for months. Odds are, if you had a chance with her, it wouldn't take that long. The odd looks you were receiving was the strong hint.
That's the other problem. I don't intuit in the same way most people do, and the only way I ever pick up on hints is if I can analyze them, or recognize them as part of a pattern. Thanks for pointing this hint out to me, because now, I'll know to be on the lookout for that.