View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 06:32 PM   #41
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
Ah! I think I got it! You're referring to "accidents!"

In philosophy, there are things called "accidents," which are qualities that a person or thing possesses, which aren't necessary, in order for it to be what it is. For example, George can get an inch higher, or a pound lighter, or a year older, and he's still George. Is that basically what you mean?
PAYDIRT!

Yes, that is exactly what I'm getting at. And for a woman who considers her weight an "accident" you drawing attention to it, no matter how well intended, is a tricky proposition.