View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #45
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
Well, I've got to figure out some way to pull off that trick, or something similar to it. Maybe, since I know what it's like to prefer being thought of in terms of qualities, abilities, accomplishments, etc, I can find a way to explain why these sorts of qualities are good, and should be enjoyed. After all, we all have accidents, and there's really no reason to dislike them, just because they're accidents.
Man, now we are getting somewhere! Here's a thought: as FF has suggestion you don't need to go over the top complimenting her physical appearance. It's likely to be dismissed as patronizing anyway. Do compliment her appearance, just don't be cliche or overly raving.

From there you look for commonalities or character traits you've discerned and use those as your avenue to getting to know her better. For example, consider where it was where you first met, or what she was doing, etc. Maybe there's a mutual interest, a hobby or a cause of some kind, that you can talk to her about. You get to know HER better that way.

It adds up over time. It takes patience but it's worth it.