View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #46
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
Man, now we are getting somewhere! Here's a thought: as FF has suggestion you don't need to go over the top complimenting her physical appearance. It's likely to be dismissed as patronizing anyway. Do compliment her appearance, just don't be cliche or overly raving.
It might be tough for me to figure out where that balance is at first. As I've said before, my feelings are intense, and my weakness with regard to understanding cues is likely to get in the way as well. I wonder if there's some method to... Well, I guess it would somewhat depend on what kind of person you were talking to, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
From there you look for commonalities or character traits you've discerned and use those as your avenue to getting to know her better. For example, consider where it was where you first met, or what she was doing, etc. Maybe there's a mutual interest, a hobby or a cause of some kind, that you can talk to her about. You get to know HER better that way.
Actually, my preference (ever since that early-job occurrence I mentioned in one of my other replies) has been to seek out a lot of information about the person right off the bat, so that I have something to work off of, and am not just going into it blind.