View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 03:33 AM   #55
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Of course, there were some relationships in which neither the word nor the sentiment were expressed. Did I feel stifled by this? No.

For me, having is more important than reiterating what I have. For me, mind you. This does not presuppose a higher level of maturity or moral fortitude (believe me), but just a difference.
Yes. This is a big difference between us.

Quote:
Trust her not to hurt you.
In a certain sense, that boat has kind of sailed.

I mean, I want to trust someone again, which is why I'm still on the lookout for someone I can be open with, but this attitude of trust is not reconcilable with the view that rejection is normative, which I responded to just a bit ago.

Quote:
Don't put her physicality first, conversationally.
Do you mean first in priority, or first in a timeline sense?

Quote:
If you want her comfortable with you, be comfortable with her.
That's just the thing! I can't be comfortable! I can never be comfortable! Not until I can get this off my chest, and that's looking more and more unlikely with each passing day! I have literally no means of doing what you suggest!

Quote:
Stop thinking of it as a finish line or a goal.
Umm... No. There's an opportunity I want. I don't have that opportunity. It is therefore a goal.

Quote:
In early stages, though, you don't want to come across like that 'radical truth' guy on Lie To Me, so hang back. Truth is truth. It's not gone in a moment. There will be time to express it as the relationship develops.
Truth is everlasting and indelible. The risk is that I'll burst before my feelings become fully accepted.