View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 02:05 AM   #91
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Okay, I can't help you with your dilemma, but maybe you should know why people have a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post

...thank you so much for implying that it's creepy to want to express distinctly-positive emotions. I wonder if your relatives treat you the same way.

First, what you describe is not an emotion. It's an urge or a desire. You stated, in replying to me, that you are not prepared to trust a woman. If you don't trust her, you don't have 'distinctly-positive' emotions for her. You may think she looks attractive, but this is not an emotion.

Quote:
I want the freedom to express my feelings of appreciation for the fatness of someone.

You've got that freedom. Be prepared that some may exercise their freedom not to want to hear it.

In the case of those who may have been derided for their appearance, the mere mention of their physical presentation could justifiably set off some alarms. Self-acceptance is self-acceptance, not your acceptance.

Of course there are many women of size who are completely comfortable with their appearance, who revel in it, and who are quite aware (without a validating opinion from a male) that they are attractive. To have this reiterated ad nauseum could be taken as an implication that perhaps they should be considered unattractive by most people, save for the White Knight graciously bestowing his praise.

And then there's the 'creep' factor.

Effusive praise for one's physical attributes from a stranger or casual acquaintance is...well, it's creepy.

You don't get to decide what creeps someone out, any more than you can dictate what they should feel good about.

Quote:
The fact that, even here, this one, single thing is treated with such hatred is a sign of just how bad things have been permitted to get, and just how much of a double standard some people seem to have around here, that feelings of insecurity are to be coddled in all cases, but feelings of admiration and delight, it's still considered fair game to attack.

There is no double standard at play here. I would wager that, without 'feelings of insecurity' (on the part of large women) to battle, you'd find it difficult to present yourself as a savior solely by dint of your dropping a few 'nice' words.

Perhaps I misread you, though.

Why would someone's 'insecurity' not be worthy of consideration?

'Coddled'? Is that what common decency looks like to you?

Nobody is attacking 'feelings of admiration and delight'. What's being attacked is borderline harassment.

Please Note:

I do not profess to speak on behalf of the Dimensions population en masse. We are not a monolith.

I am only expressing opinions based on empathy, respect, and consideration. These opinions are almost certainly not representative of those held by every last poster here.

Rest assured, there could be many reasons people have taken exception to your views.