View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 06:50 AM   #44
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I should have added "To the extent that you can be in the closet about such things."

Overall in life I monitor pretty carefully to manage my weight within bounds that I figure I can 'get away with' (as in: it is clear I love food and am not especially active so I am somewhat fat -- but people aren't apt to reach for explanations beyond that for my size).

But I regularly eat for the purpose of reveling in the excess of it; regularly in small ways (mid-afternoon cookies with tea that I know in no way do I need), occasionally in larger ways (walking home yesterday I had to go into a store to pick up mik, while I was there picked up a container of donuts and ate all 1500 calories of them in the dozen or so minutes it took me to finish walking home, and then I sat down to a full supper). Yes I want the taste and the sweet, but I think if that sort of thing were somehow stripped of the feedee connotations that I'd be far less likely to do that)
Who really says no to donuts though?

Actually, one point kind of caught my eye here. Do you really have to explain yourself? I mean to have to justify your weight? I have had family and friends comment on my weight and definitely on the new lbs I put on especially since I moved. I don't think I've ever had to explain or justify how I actually put on weight. It could just be the way you said it, it just sounds funny to me.

When my cousin was here last fall, she commented on my new lbs. After a few nights hanging out, there was no question as to why and how I put on weight. It was rather obvious.