Thread: Loop in America
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 02:11 AM   #36
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
If it helps, I see in your profile pic that you can look directly into a camera, so perhaps try to think of their eyes as a camera lens.

Or maybe you could look at their eyes with the intention of just seeing what they look like. Eyes are interesting things, after all.

Or do like I do on stage: Look above their eyes (although not at the back wall, as I do, but perhaps at their eyebrows or forehead).

My apologies if I'm speaking out of turn. I realize I have no experience in being autistic and may be performing a visual self-examination of my lower intestinal tract.

Do whatever makes you the least uncomfortable.

But you knew that.
Ah, looking above their eyes I can kinda do. I've had to do it before for job interviews, I usually kinda unfocus my eyes and tilt them in the general direction of the person's face. You'd have thought that would look weird, but apparently not as they all commented on how confident and friendly I seemed. Eyebrows is another one I've heard of as advice; apparently to the person you are talking to it looks the same as when you look into their eyes.

You're not at all, I'm thankful for the advice. =)
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote