Thread: Loop in America
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 05:47 AM   #38
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
A shopping cart can be referred to as a buggy...though I think that may be another southern expression. Some of the people that I used to work with that migrated to the USA tripped out on that one.

Oh and one thing I learned from yahoo chat rooms,Loop....don't use the slang expression used in England for cigarettes. That's a definite slur here...big no no.
Slang and references change region to region....just like the foods and how they taste can. Little countries within a big geography.
Chicago is known for some foods...which I plan to try.

Interesting to see that Loop's travel plans started another argument in Soap Box
Hahaha, a buggy over here is something you put a small child in to walk them around!

And yes, I know not to use to word 'fags' around americans, even though it amuses me that the word has such a different meaning over there! I think that "Aunt Bessie's Best Faggots" would probably not be the best name for frozen meatballs over there!

Didn't you know that I have the power to start arguments wherever I go?
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote