Thread: Loop in America
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #68
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
As I sit eating in a restaurant in Florida, it occurs to me you should be aware of another American peculiarity.

In the States, it's considered bad manners to eat from a fork in your left hand. When you're done cutting something (usually with knife in right hand and fork in left), you are expected to switch the fork to your right hand before taking a bite.

Seriously, it's a thing here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
My girlfriend's mum in South Tennessee looked at me funny when I didn't switch hands, but Southern Hospitality stopped her from saying anything.

Apparently, you also shouldn't cut off more than one bite at a time. For all I know, that rule may apply elsewhere as well.
Andrew, I don't know what in the world you're talking about. That's VERY old school Miss Manners etiquette school for girls type of stuff. Nothing the rest of the normal folks really notice or care about

Bless your Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I don't know what odd people y'all have been around but I can assure you it is not rude or bad manners to eat with whatever hand you choose. I have travelled far and wide across this country and have never heard of such a thing. Truthfully no one gives a fat rat's ass how you eat as long as you're not snagging it from their plate.
This....don't reach to get someone else's food- that gives them free reign to stab you in the hand with their fork...and nobody will feel sorry for you

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote