View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 06:19 AM   #78
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

My husband is 7 years younger than me. Not a big deal with us at 40 and (going on) 47. But we raised some eyebrows when we met and he was 20 to my 27.

One of the effects of never having children by choice, is that I feel no maternal instinct towards young men. I see a college aged guy, and I don't put him in the son or still a kid category. He's just another man, who happens to be a lot younger than me.

If I were looking for someone, I'd totally be open to doing the cougar thing. 18 and up would be fair game. I've had a few college aged guys pursue me. I'm not in the market for a boy toy, but I felt absolutely zero guilt, discomfort, or shame over thinking that it might be fun and in different circumstances I'd be completely open to a friend with benefits who's less than half my age.

But not a committed partner. I don't think the difference in life experience would be compatible for a serious relationship.