View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #1407
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoNegro View Post
Romance without Finance has no chance, goes for all women regardless of size.
If you cannot pamper a woman, tend to her needs and make her feel special, I'd personally rather fall back, stay single until I was able to.
While most men would love to have the chance to give their beloved everything, the truth is that most relationships don't necessarily involve at least one wealthy person, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm reminded of the scene from the Christmas Carol, where the Ghost of Christmas Past took Scrooge back to witness his breakup with Fan, where she told him...

"Our contract is an old one. It was made when we were both poor and content to be so, until, in good season, we could improve our worldly fortune by our patient industry. You are changed. When it was made, you were another man."

Yes, they wanted money, but it wasn't an integral part of their relationship, or of either of their hearts, until Scrooge began to "fear the world too much."

I do think certain worldly possessions are needed to support a close relationship with an SSBBW, but not every woman depends on money, in order to make the relationship successful. Enough money, however, can make a relationship more enjoyable, though too much can make it positively torturous. It's complex.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote