View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #4
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

To translate:

I heard a self-proclaimed male FA talking shit about women who have gotten fat. This is off-putting because he was seemingly expressing a hateful or negative attitude towards fat women.

Has anyone here noticed or experienced FAs speaking badly of fat people?

-------
To answer:

Having dated a handful of people aware of the fat acceptance community, I felt comfortable in jokingly/casually teasing them for being fat. It was always acknowledged as mere fun, because it was obviously something I appreciated.

I've found that I occasionally forget that most people do not have that kind of attitude. If I affectionately tease someone who is more self-conscious about being fat, it might not go over as intended. But it's never malicious.

I've never spoken to any FAs who have expressed negativity towards fat people. Some people seem to be into hardcore teasing/humiliation, but mostly if their partner is interested in it.

Last edited by Amaranthine; 05-07-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: "Talkshitting" should definitely be a real word.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote