View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
To translate:

I heard a self-proclaimed male FA talking shit about women who have gotten fat. This is off-putting because he was seemingly expressing a hateful or negative attitude towards fat women.

Has anyone here noticed or experienced FAs speaking badly of fat people?

-------
To answer:

Having dated a handful of people aware of the fat acceptance community, I felt comfortable in jokingly/casually teasing them for being fat. It was always acknowledged as mere fun, because it was obviously something I appreciated.

I've found that I occasionally forget that most people do not have that kind of attitude. If I affectionately tease someone who is more self-conscious about being fat, it might not go over as intended. But it's never malicious.

I've never spoken to any FAs who have expressed negativity towards fat people. Some people seem to be into hardcore teasing/humiliation, but mostly if their partner is interested in it.
I think the original post was cleaned up, because I recall thinking it could be taken in a few ways. I am assuming that you translation is correct.

Of the times I am aware of in real life, there are two situations that lead to this. The first is a FA being rejected by a fat woman, gets made about rejection and says something awful. The second is a closeted FA attempting to blend in a bunch of "bros," who are making fat jokes about someone. I am not talking about myself here, for the record. From what I have observed and what different girlfriends have told me.

My girlfriend does know a FA who does give his girlfriend insults if they gain weight. He sound like a crappy person in general. But he gets mad if the women he dates don't stay on the small end of BBW.