View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #10
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have seen this topic come up other places, and the consensus is mostly no. It's possible. I think would be more likely due to socialization than genetics.

I read a study a few years ago (sorry no reference here) about families with multiple children and which child is most likely to come out as gay. The highest frequency was if there was 2 children of the same sex, the younger child was more likely to be gay. The result were statistically significant. The theory put forward by the paper was that the younger child had positive feelings for the older sibling of the same sex that somehow translated into being gay.

Assuming that theory is true. If you grew up in a family that was very overt in fat admiration, it would be more likely to run in the family.

Having said that, I don't know any families like that.