View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #21
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have a cast iron pan that you can buy in the US for 20-30$. It is super cheap and it works great. I switched about 15 years ago due to flaking and also because teflon is really not good for you. I love it and use it whenever I want to fry anything. It is also great because you can toss something in the oven to finish it off. It has lasted a long time. My mother's is over 40 years old and she still uses it. I don't recommend any of the current teflon pans as I have even seen friends buy expensive non stick pans that you can supposedly use metal utensils in go bad.

You do have to season the pan, usually the pan will come with instructions on how to season it properly.

The secret to cooking great eggs in a cast iron fry pan is to Pre heat it, add oil(I use butter), let the grease heat up(just slightly for butter until melted and starts to sizzle) and then add eggs and turn down heat so the eggs don't burn, on my gas stovetop a 6. If the pan gets too hot then the eggs are horrible.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote