View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #10
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyfat View Post
Very funny thread.

Original post was incoherent folderol- a dropping to be ignored as OP sloughs off, not bothering to respond.

But thoughtful minds go in to deep contemplation and provide translations looking for some meaning in the manure.

Maybe it was the profound 3 second cartoon attachment that prompted the pandering.

Nah, it was just the word "bigotreous" that triggered the soul-searching.

Kudos to Tracii for calling the post what it was- nonsense.

Actually, the transformation of 'bigotry' into 'bigotreous' is quite logical. It's the English language that isn't.

In wanting to refer to to comments that carried bigotry, one not familiar with English might not surmise that 'bigoted comments' would be the correct way to write the adjectival form.

Change the Y to I or E and add OUS, right?

While knowing this was not proper English, I was impressed at the process that led to it, and had no difficulty understanding the meaning.

French has approximately one thirds as many words as English. If you think that makes it simpler, you've never tried to set time, date, and alarm on a digital watch that only has one button.

Could the OP's non-response to the thread maybe have had something to do with the ridicule he met in posting the question?

Perhaps it's due to his having asked a question, and he was waiting for answers, as one with manners might do.

Do I know his motives for not responding? No, and neither do you.

Do I know your motives for replying? I'm afraid I might.

I apologize for taking this thread further off-topic.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote